[FO] Return value of fn:name ?

From: Buck Golemon <buck@yelp.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 11:56:34 -0700
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
It's come to my attention recently that Firefox returns upper-cased strings
from the xpath name() function, while other implementations I've surveyed
return a not-upper-cased string (I haven't yet checked whether they are
forcefully lower-cased or simply untouched).

Is one of these implementations out of spec?

I'd like to bring this inconsistency to the attention of implementers and
ask them to "fix" it, but I'd want to bring them a definitive specification
of Correct behavior.

If anyone requests a thorough survey of implementation behavior (in regards
to fn:name() return value casing) I will do so.

-buck