Re: [FT] Meaning of FTST0008 and FTST0018

From: Paul J. Lucas <paul@lucasmail.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:49:00 -0800
Cc: "public-qt-comments@w3.org" <public-qt-comments@w3.org>
To: Mary Holstege <mary.holstege@marklogic.com>
On Dec 14, 2010, at 10:38 AM, Mary Holstege wrote:

> The expectation is not that the URI maps to some special code, but that the URI maps to some specific data structure that is processed by some general thesaurus-handling code.

After all this time, I just noticed that the catalog for the W3C Full Text Test Suite contains URU-to-thesaurus-XML-file mappings, e.g.:

> <thesaurus ID="taxonomy" uri="http://bstore1.example.com/Ourtaxonomy.xml" FileName="TestSources/taxonomy.xml" Creator="Full-Text Task Force">

The taxonomy.xml file another others like it are (rather small) thesauri in XML form.  Where is the XML schema for these thesaurus XML files?  Is it a standard?  It would seem that in order to pass the W3C full text tests for thesauri, an implementation MUST understand this thesaurus format.  Yet I can find no such requirement anywhere.

Can you explain this?

- Paul