RE: http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform has no DTD anymore

Hello Michael,

I thought there was a DTD there because the xmlspy
editor stopped suddenly from validating  "Unable to
locate a reference to a supported schema kind(DTD,
DCD,W3C Schema,XML-Data, BizTalk) within this document
instance" because in fact it was trying to pull
something from the url and it found nothing useful
there.

I remember for some reason this "validation" was
working before (maybe xmlspy was configured to pull
the internal one it comes with). So before the
document was "validated" using:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"
exclude-result-prefixes="ss">

Now in order to be validated I have to use a local
copy of a DTD:
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet SYSTEM "C:\Program
Files\Altova\XMLSPY2004\Schemas\xsl\def_xslt.dtd">
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"
exclude-result-prefixes="ss">

You are right about the fact that the DTD allowed
"simple amount of structural checking" and of course I
agree it is not as big deal as I thought at the very
beginning since as you already said xalan or saxon in
my case will take care of it. In any case the
"validation" I was looking for was not validating any
other namespace different from the xsl one.

Thanks a lot,
Nestor