Re: [XQueryX] reuse MathML Content Markup to represent XQuery in XQueryX

George:

That is exactly what I ask :)

> Le 8 mars 05, à 22:40, Frank Yung-Fong Tang a écrit
> :
> > 2. Any one have experience of using XQuery with
> MathML content markup?

Is XQuery powerful enough to query mathmatic information which markup
by MathML Content Markup.

For example, if someone store two matrix (A - 3x5 and B- 5x4) by using
MathML Content Markup. Is XQuery power enough to produce the output a
3x4 matrics C in MathML Content Markup that  C = A x B ?

How about predicate logic, If I have two element of content E and F
E use MathML content Markup to express
{ (x) | -2 <= x <=3}
and
F use MathML content Markup to express
{ (y) | -4 <= y <=5}
Is XQuery power enogh to perform a G = E & F
to express a MathML content markup which express
{ (x, y) | ( -2 <= x <=3) && (-4 <= y <=5)}

?

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 23:36:09 +0000 (GMT), george mordilo
<mordilo_k@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  This discussion reminded me a similar problem but
> perhaps the other way round.
>
>  Has anyone done any work on XPath or XQuery for
> quering MathML (or OpenMath for that matter)
> expressions.
>
>  For example, we are interested in simplifying, easing
> such queries to have a pattern matching-like mechanism
> where one could match expressions to check for
> instance  similarities in "mathematical form".
>
>   Any thoughts ... examples ?
>
> George
>

> --- Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org> wrote:
> >
> > I'd be interested to examples of expected queries.
> > Storing and querying math knowledge (be in
> > MathML-content, in OpenMath,
> > or in anything) has a little bit of history... not
> > enormous... and
> > expected examples would always be welcome.
> >
> > paul
> >

> > Le 8 mars 05, à 22:40, Frank Yung-Fong Tang a écrit
> > :
> > > 2. Any one have experience of using XQuery with
> > MathML content markup?

Frank Yung-Fong Tang
譚永鋒
Šýšţém Årçĥîţéçţ