Re: [XQueryX] reuse MathML Content Markup to represent XQuery in XQueryX

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 23:52:13 +0100, Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org> wrote:

> Le 8 mars 05, à 23:17, Frank Yung-Fong Tang a écrit :
>
> Isn't there a large danger that the expressible formulae in MathML
> content become unparseable, or inefficiently executable, for an XQuery
> interpreter ?

If such danger exist, then why W3C ever release MathML?
If MathML content will easily become unparseable for XQuery
interpreter , then in what sense it could be parseable for other
application?
If MathML content will easily become inefficiently executable for
XQuery interpreter , then in what sense it could be efficiently
executable for other applications?

I am not saying that the issue you concern about is not there. But if
they are valid concern for XQuery, then it probably will be valid
concern for any other single thing ...

> In few lines of math you reach the limbos of the undecidability... not
> something you wish for XQuery, I believe.
If I will reach the limbos of the undecidableity in XQuery with few
lines of math, then I will reach the same limbos of undecidableity
with few lines of math in other places which use MathML Content
Markup, right? Then.... why should W3C ever recommend MathML 2.0 ?

--
Frank Yung-Fong Tang
譚永鋒