Re: [Serial] > in processing instructions (qt-2004Nov0074-01)

> This seems to be the only optional serialization error, could
you clarify why serializers are not required to report it?

I believe that the WG was trying to be consistent because when we
discussed this comment, there was another recoverable error just above the
quoted text.  The XSL WG is currently in the process of revisiting all
recoverable errors.  This error will definately be revisited.  I will
leave this issue open.

Thanks,

Joanne

Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Sent by: public-qt-comments-request@w3.org
03/08/05 03:07 PM

Joanne Tong/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
public-qt-comments@w3.org
Subject

* Joanne Tong wrote:
>Thank you for submitting this comment.  The XSL and XML Query Working
>Groups discussed the comment and have agreed add a serialization error.
>The new text is:
>
>[...]
>It is a serialization error [err:SE0015] to use the HTML output method
>when > appears within a processing instruction in the data model instance

>being serialized. The serializer MAY signal the error, but is not
REQUIRED