RE: [XQuery] Comment - Pragma/MUExtension confusion

public-qt-comments-request@w3.org wrote on 09/03/2004 11:02:10 PM:

> However, disallowing ':' at the start of CommentContents has a
> side-effect that you may not have considered: it would disallow
> a comment such as this:
> But if the "longest possible match" rule is staying, then why
> would you redundantly express some of its restrictions in the EBNF?
> (It seems like you might mislead people as to the completeness of the
> EBNF.)

Thanks Michael.  Yes, I tend to agree.  The bug you found is a good
illustration of why it's a bad idea to do a substantive change for the
simple motivation of clarification.

On the other hand, a simple example(s) showing Daniel's issue might be bad
idea.

-scott