Re: [Serialization] SCHEMA-G

Hi Mary,

Mary Holstege wrote on 2004-02-12 04:15:46 PM:
> [G] [Section 3: Serialization Parameters] Namespace binding generation
ought
> to be explicitly called out either as its own phase or as part of markup
> generation.
>
> On behalf of the XML Schema WG.

     I need a clarification on this comment.  When you speak of "Namespace
binding generation", are you speaking of the process of actually creating,
given a namespace node, the characters for an attribute in the serialized
result of the form xmlns:pre="uri" or xmlns="uri"?  Or are you speaking of
the process of ensuring that, given an element or attribute node whose
name is in a particular namespace, a namespace node for that namespace URI
exists?

     Thanks to you and the XML Schema WG for this comment.

Thanks,

Henry
Henry Zongaro      Xalan development
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com