RE: XQuery and GET

> > Perhaps XPath is the right level for this?
>
> Perhaps, but I feel strongly that any query language on the Web (and
> especially those developed in the W3C) should be able to use URIs.

Trying to get more info on your position ...

I think the reason that people have suggested using XPath only in URIs
is that it is effectively a read-only path expression language whereas
XQuery can do construction and create new XML constructs.

When you say "any query language" are you suggesting that all features
of XQuery including functions, modules, constructions of new XML, the
forth coming update language, etc. must all be supported in URIs?

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:pcotton@microsoft.com