Re: [XQuery] MS-XQ-LC1-084

Michael,

I think the spec is simply unclear what the semantics is in this case.

See BEA's comment:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2004Feb/0455.html

If it remains like Jonathan would desire, and make the scope include
all the subexpressions that are lexically within the element
constructor,
we do require more detailed examples to make users understand this.

See BEA's request for more detailed explanation here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2004Feb/0443.html

The fact that now the semantics of an expression depends on the lexical
position of the expression within the query will impact on the way users
will make use of the LET clauses and on the functions.

Best regards,
Dana