Re: [DM] Typed value for elements

Michael Rys wrote:

>You are now starting to special case. This makes the language design
>non-orthogonal and hard to teach and understand.

Strange.

I thought that what I was doing was saying that contains() is a
text-oriented function that operates on the string representation of an
item, and should be written accordingly. You seem to feel that it should
be defined in terms of typed value, and that the definition of typed
value for an element should be more complex than what I prefer. I would
have said that the current design is non-orthogonal, hard to teach and
understand.

Which is why simplifying it and making it more orthogonal is important.

Jonathan