RE: Default values handling

The XQuery DM interprets defaulted attributes in schema as an indication
that they are added as full members in the data model. I would find it
dangerous to the consistency of the user experience, if we start adding
attributes that are there and then disappear.

And I still do not see a good way to preserve and infer your schema
information in a consistent way in all cases and oppose any such effort
at this stage of the XQuery language development. We need to ship and
should postpone features that can be done later.

Best regards
Michael (my opinion)