From: public-qt-comments-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-qt-comments-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Don Chamberlin
Sent: 11 February 2004 23:49
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Subject: [XQuery] IBM-XQ-003: New term for in-scope namespaces

(IBM-XQ-003) At present, our documents are inconsistent in their use of
the term "in-scope namespaces". In the XPath and XQuery documents,
"in-scope namespaces" is part of the Static Context and is a property of
an expression. On the other hand, in the Data Model and Functions and
Operators documents, "in-scope namespaces" is a property of an element
and has another meaning entirely. The term "in-scope namespaces"
appears13 times in the Data Model document and 10 times in F&O document.
I think we should fix this inconsistency by changing the term "in-scope
namespaces" in the Static Context to "declared namespaces" and using
this term throughout the XQuery and XPath documents. The term "declared
namespaces" suggests where the information comes from: either a
namespace declaration in the Prolog, or a namespace declaration
attribute. In this solution, no changes are needed to the Data Model and
F&O documents.

--Don Chamberlin