Re: [Fwd: Re: [XPath] Consistency Constraints]

Martin Duerst wrote:

> I guess based on the input above, my proposal would be:
>
> In order for XQuery to be well defined, the data model, the static
> context, and the dynamic context must be mutually consistent for
> all the nodes of the data model that are used in the query evaluation.
> The consistency constraints listed below are prerequisites for correct
> functioning of an XQuery implementation. If these consistency constraints
> are not met, an XYZ error is produced.

It's not at all clear to me that an implementation can always do that,
especially in loosely coupled data integration environments. On the
other hand, it might be useful to have an error that an implementation
can raise if it does notice such an inconsistency - would that satisfy you?

I've flagged this for discussion on our WG email list.

Jonathan