Re: length of specifications

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 08:19, Jonathan Robie wrote:
> Are these decisions that should be made on a spec-by-spec basis, or are
> the requirements for formats used to publish a spec established? I don't
> think pubrules requires this many formats.

Hi Jonathan,

Pubrules does not require anything beyond one normative html/xhtml
version. After that, there are just recommendations for making
life easier for groups of readers, some of which are discussed in the
Manual of Style.

> A zipped version of our specs makes a lot of sense, and is little
> effort. If specs should be published in a variety of formats, perhaps
> there should be stylesheets to generate all required formats for XML Spec.

They probably exist. But again, multiple formats are not required.

 _ Ian

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447