RE: [F&O] NaNs in avg, max, min, sum

From: Ashok Malhotra <ashokma@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:09:50 -0700
To: "Oliver Becker" <obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de>, <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

Thank you for your comment.  This was discussed by the WGs on 9/15/2003
as part or a larger discussion about the behaviour of the aggregate
functions.
A number of changes were proposed and accepted including the semantic
you recommended.  If the sequence that is passed to any of the aggregate
functions contains one or more NaNs, the result is NaN.

All the best, Ashok