Additional boundary whitespace example

From: Howard Katz <howardk@fatdog.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:17:44 -0700
To: <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

I would suggest that an additional example be added to the discussion of
boundary whitespace (3.7.1.4 Whitespace in Element Content) in the main
XQuery 1.0 document. To wit, I'd recommend something like the following:

Example:

If xmlspace is not declared or is declared as xmlspace = strip, this example
is equivalent to <a>   </a>. When considering enclosed expressions for the
purpose of evaluating boundary whitespace, it's the syntactic presence or
absence of an enclosed expression that's important. The fact that the
enclosed expression in this case evaluates to an empty sequence at runtime
is irrelevant to the determination that boundary whitespace is present.

Howard Katz