RE: ORA-FO-UNORDERED 15.1.15 fn:unordered

From: Oliver Becker <obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:25:38 +0200 (MEST)
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

> It is a function! It returns a permutation of its input.

It seems my misunderstanding comes from the expectation that a function
is always well-defined, or at least determinate in a way that if a = b
then f(a) = f(b)
Obviously that's not the case for fn:unordered

> It's only difference from other functions is in its motivation: it exists in
> order to be optimized.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this problem of understanding.
An explanatory note would be of great benefit.

Thanks for the enlightenment,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |