RE: ORA-FO-UNORDERED 15.1.15 fn:unordered

From: Oliver Becker <obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:46:59 +0200 (MEST)
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

> In my opinion, unordered() must remain a function, because it clearly mark
> the scope of the directive; that is, you know that all that is inside the
> parenthesis will be potentially returned in a random order.

But then, please, don't call it a function if it is not a function.
(Dimitre, help! ;-) )

Could it be a comprise to change the terminology to something else
("directive" or whatever) but leave the grammar as it is?
For example, node() looks like a functions, but it is not.
The same way unordered(..) would look like a function, but it is in
reality something very different.

Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |