RE: MS-FO-LC1-017: cast untypedAtomic to other type with arithmetic and compare ops.

From: Ashok Malhotra <ashokma@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:07:14 -0700
To: "Michael Rys" <mrys@microsoft.com>, <public-qt-comments@w3.org>
Cc: "Jeni Tennison" <jeni@jenitennison.com>
The WGs discussed this on 9/16/2003 and decided not to make the change
suggested.  The rationale was essentially that expressed by Jeni
Tennyson in reply to your note which said:

"The problem is that it would also mean that xs:untypedAtomic('2.5')+1
resulted in a dynamic error, since the untyped atomic value '2.5'
isn't a legal lexical representation of xs:integer. I think that this
would be disconcerting."

All the best, Ashok