Re: string-length example

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:49:26 +0200
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Cc: Jim Melton <jim.melton@acm.org>

Jim Melton wrote:
 > I don't think that anybody who has studied English literature even in
 > small amounts believes that Shakespeare was actually proposing killing
 > anybody, much less wholesale slaughter of an entire class of people.

No one said Shakespeare was doing that. But without context, the
sentence "first we kill the lawyers" is expressing the plan to do so;
you as editor can't expect all of your readers to know all famous
Shakespeare quotes. It's a general technical specification after all,
which should IMHO be suitable for ten year olds and for people who
didn't pursue what your idea of "studying English literature" is.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/