RE: [XQuery] SAG-XQ-002 Input collection

I personally do not think that there are enough use cases and experience
yet to justify an interoperability requirement of implicit input
collections. I think that the explicit syntax for now suffices and this
functionality can be revisited in a future version.

Another reason for my preference for making this a vNext feature is that
such functionality is an addition to the existing spec and requires a
fair amount of additional work, including specifying the static
semantics (which is not that simple as we currently see with the
semantics of /a).

I rather close the spec and only add something if it meets a very high
bar at this time...

Best regards

Michael (speaking for himself)

  _____