  From: Kay, Michael [mailto:Michael.Kay@softwareag.com]
  Sent: 09 November 2003 19:43
  To: Jeremy Carroll; public-qt-comments@w3.org
  Subject: RE: Using XSLT 2.0 to do XML Canonicalization

  If you specify the codepoint collation
   http://www.w3.org/2003/11/xpath-functions/collation/codepoint

  in the collation attribute of xsl:sort then you get the lexicographic
sorting described.

  Regards,

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-c14n http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-exc-c14n/

  I am concerned that as to whether the definition of sorting provides the
sort
  that is needed to perform such a transformation.

  The relevant text from xml-c14n is:

  [[
  Lexicographic order is imposed on the namespace declarations and
attributes of
  each element
  ]]

  [[
  Lexicographic comparison, which orders strings from least to greatest
  alphabetically, is based on the UCS codepoint values, which is equivalent
  lexicographic ordering based on UTF-8.
  ]]

  Thus my question is it possible to sort qnames using XSLT 2.0 to achieve
this
  sort order (without using an implementation dependent feature)?

  (I will be satisfied with a "YES" with no supporting justification)

  thanks

  Jeremy

  PS: Is there such an implementation? maybe with XSLT 1.0