RE: Request for Primer

I am convinced that a large number of introductory articles, papers and
books are and will become available on XQuery.  For example please look
at the list of recent XQuery publications listed on the public home page
[1].

While this demonstrates there are others that agree with your desire for
introductory material it also indicates that they think it is possible
to do this sort of work outside of the WG (and outside of the W3C).

So for the foreseeable future I am going to encourage the WG to
concentrate on getting the XQuery specifications into Last Call and will
depend on resources outside of the W3C to provide the kind of primer
information you want.

/paulc
Chair, XML Query WG

[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Query#other