RE: Namespace considerations

Thank you Michael.  This question was indeed for an XPath implementation.

Now, if in a document I do not import/reference any schemas, and I bind
xf to "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" and
xs to "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes"

I know that it is legal to do

'xf:decimal("15.5")'

(because of the XPath 2.0 spec, section 2.6.2.1.1)  but can I do

'xs:decimal("15.5")' ?

ie, are the XMLSchema-datatypes datatypes 'automatically' available, just
as the 44 types from XMLSchema are?

Thanks,
Caroline

--
Caroline Rioux, Software Engineer           +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com