RE: rescue; error recovery facilities needed

> Where please gentlemen?

The XML Query Requirements includes a Usage Scenarios section which
mentions being able to process all of "human readable documents",
"data-oriented documents" and "mixed-model documents".  And Section "XML
Query Functionality" outlines the requirements to be able to operate on
both Schema types and text values.

I do not know how someone could have drawn the conclusion:

> Many people seem to be under the impression that XQuery is
> designed to handle data and XSLT is designed to handle text.

if they had actually read the XML Query Requirements as quoted above.

Maybe this perception is caused more by the implementation profile for
early XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 implementations.  But this is not
something that is under our control.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329