From: Svgdeveloper@aol.com [mailto:Svgdeveloper@aol.com]
Sent: 02 June 2003 09:16
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Subject: [Serialization] Why an xhtml output method?

I would be interested in an explanation of why an xhtml output method is
included in the Serialization document and why it has been designed as it
has.

On the face of it, the xhtml output method seems primarily to be designed to
accomodate legacy browsers. I wonder if that is sufficient justification for
its inclusion. If there are other significant factors then it would be
useful if those were elaborated.

Thanks.

Andrew Watt
"XHTML 2.0 - the W3C leading the Web to its full potential ... to implement
yesterday's technology tomorrow"