RE: FW: DN-FO-09: 15.1.11 fn:distinct-values

You are correct; document order is only defined for nodes.  My mistake!
I understand the semantic you desire but there is not a strong usecase
for it.  For most purposes the order-by clause provides the required
function.

All the best, Ashok

xs:anyAtomicType*