From: Stephen Buxton [mailto:stephen.buxton@oracle.com]
Sent: 01 July 2003 02:13
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Subject: ORA-FO-MAXMIN-TYPE-CONSISTENCY 15.3.3 fn:max, 15.3.4 fn:min

Functions and Operators, Section 15.3.3 fn:max <fn:max> , 15.3.4 fn:min
<fn:min>

The type conversion rules for fn:max <fn:max> , fn:min <fn:min>  are
inconsistent with the type conversion rules for fn:avg <fn:avg> .

eg fn:avg <fn:avg>  says "If all values in $srcval are of type
xdt:untypedAtomic <xdt:untypedAtomic>  they are converted to xs:double
<xs:double> ".
while fn:min <fn:min>  says "If all values in $srcval are of type
xdt:untypedAtomic <xdt:untypedAtomic>  they are converted to xs:string
<xs:string> ".