RE: ORA-FO-MAXMIN-TYPE-CONSISTENCY 15.3.3 fn:max, 15.3.4 fn:min

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 19:50:38 +0200
To: Stephen Buxton <stephen.buxton@oracle.com>, public-qt-comments@w3.org
Generally, the default type for "comparison" operations is string, and the
default type for "arithmetic" operations is numeric. min, max, etc fall into
the "comparison" category rather than the "arithmetic" category.

But I agree that this is going to confuse users a lot, in fact there are
errors in our published use cases in this area. Generally we still have a
big problem with handling the polymorphism of the aggregate functions.

Michael Kay