RE: d-o-e and attribute values

XSLT 2.0 allows d-o-e on xsl:attribute, so the restriction has been lifted
at least partially.

I don't know why the restriction was there, perhaps people just felt that
this  would provide too much rope for people to hang themselves with. For
example

<xsl:attribute name="x">
  <xsl:text d-o-e="yes">3" y="4</xsl:text>
</xsl:attribute>

might produce the output
  x="3" y="4"

but on the other hand it might produce
  x='3" y="4'

I think it's quite good that we don't allow this - d-o-e causes enough
trouble already.