XSLT 2.0 - Documenting stylesheets

From: <Svgdeveloper@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:07:48 -0400 (EDT)
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

On reading the XSLT 2.0 specification I can see no new element to add the
equivalent of SVG 1.0's <desc> element or W3C XML Schema's <documentation>
element.

Did I miss it? Or is it not there?

If there is not yet a documentation element in the XSLT namespace,I would
like to suggest that such an element be added to the XSLT namespace to
provide a convenient way to achieve stylesheet documentation. Particularly
with the likely increase in modularised stylesheets and carrying out
transformations across multiple documents a pukka, standard documentation
element, whatever it's element type name, seems to me to be essential.

Andrew Watt