F&O Constructors and whitespace processing

From: John Mercado <johnkmercado@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 08:47:33 -0400 (EDT)
To: XQuery Comments <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

Hi,

It is unclear to me from the rec whether the
constructors for the XML Schema types process
whitespace like an XML Schema processor would.  For
example, is xs:integer("  12   ") valid?

How about xs:token("  many     spaces   ")?
Would that become "many spaces"?

I know a schema processor would collapse the
whitespace, but would a query processor?  It might be
helpful to have a note on that either way.

Thanks,
John