RE: Names beginning with xml...

I think I would take the view that the restriction *doesn't* apply to names
declared in XPath and XSLT, but I agree it should be clarified.

The view seems to be that "reserved" means that users should avoid these
names but software should accept them, so the practical implications are
possibly rather academic.