RE: [saxon] Strange things: xsl:sort with lang attribute

From: Oliver Becker <obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:03:36 +0200 (MEST)
To: saxon-help@lists.sourceforge.net, michael.h.kay@ntlworld.com
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org

[
  Question on the Saxon list regarding the context of the AVT in
  <xsl:for-each select="foo">
    <xsl:sort lang="{...}" />
]

> > BTW, which node is the context node in this expression? Is it
> > foo or foo's parent or maybe something completely different?
>
> This isn't clearly stated in the XSLT 1.0 spec. But the only logical
> node to use as the context node (and the one that Saxon uses) is the
> same one that is used for evaluating the select expression in the
> <xsl:for-each>.

Then please add something in the XSLT 2.0 spec. I couldn't find
something at first go.

To my mind it is a little bit odd that in
<xsl:sort select="expr1" lang="{expr2}" />
expr1 and expr2 refer to different context nodes.

Cheers,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |