Re: Preparing for validator 0.8.6 release

Ted Guild <ted@w3.org> writes:

> Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> writes:

[]

>> What's the status of this?  The 0.8.6 release didn't happen yet, I'd like to
>> retry soon.  Next week?
>
> Adding Mike to see if he can fill us in there.

I discussed with Mike in IRC and he upgraded the validator.nu HTML5
pieces just now.

> For a release either this week or next I can help out, preferably not
> on a Tuesday.

For personal reasons I may not be able to get back to this for the rest
of this week.  I hope to find some time some evening and will review
notes on how we do validator releases.

>>> Works for me.  Olivier raised some issues on www-validator so this will
>>>  give us time to discuss those as well.
>>
>> There was no response to my message in that thread so I think the case is
>> closed for now.
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2009Dec/0003.html
>
> I see strengths to both your and Olivier's arguments.
[]

Let's proceed with your proposal.  If there is a response from the
community indicating it was missed in it's previous form we can add it
back with a caveat that suggestion may or may not be valid.

Ville,

Any other thoughts before proceeding?

--
Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>