Re: Upcoming changes in the classpath layout of Validator.nu

Hello Henri,

On 10-Nov-08, at 3:56 PM, olivier Thereaux wrote:
>> Just a heads-up for a change that I think may affect the way the
>> W3C deploys Validator.nu as a validation back end:[...]
>>
> Noted, thanks for the heads up. So far I've tried to keep the
> validator.nu instance as vanilla as possible, so hopefully that
> change will not bite.

I tried installing validator.nu from scratch and running it on a new
server today, and ran into a small issue you may want to know about
(stack trace copied below).

This made me wonder whether you had implemented any tagging system to
only sync the codebase to a tested, stable version. My understanding
(possibly wrong) is that even `build.py run` goes and downloads code
update, and I think I would feel safer if I knew the sync would only
be done against a tested-and-true version of the engine.

Thanks

/usr/local/validator.nu# ./build/build.py all
[...]
nu.validator.servlet.VerifierServletTransaction - Will load schema: http://s.validator.nu/xhtml10/xhtml.sch
	at nu.validator.servlet.VerifierServlet.<clinit>(VerifierServlet.java:
84)
	at nu.validator.servlet.Main.main(Main.java:89)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
No implementation available for schema language with namespace URI ?http://www.ascc.net/xml/schematron?
.
	at
nu
.validator
.servlet
.VerifierServletTransaction.<clinit>(VerifierServletTransaction.java:
474)
	... 2 more
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: No implementation available
for schema language with namespace URI ?http://www.ascc.net/xml/schematron?
.
	at com.thaiopensource.validate.auto.AutoSchemaReceiver
$Handler.startElement(Unknown Source)
	at
nu.validator.gnu.xml.aelfred2.SAXDriver.startElement(SAXDriver.java:
1010)
	at
nu.validator.gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlParser.parseElement(XmlParser.java:
1327)
	at
nu.validator.gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlParser.parseDocument(XmlParser.java:
617)
	at nu.validator.gnu.xml.aelfred2.XmlParser.doParse(XmlParser.java:512)
	at nu.validator.gnu.xml.aelfred2.SAXDriver.parse(SAXDriver.java:424)
	at
com.thaiopensource.validate.auto.AutoSchemaReader.createSchema(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.thaiopensource.validate.AbstractSchemaReader.createSchema(Unknown
Source)
	at
nu
.validator
.servlet
.VerifierServletTransaction
.schemaByUrl(VerifierServletTransaction.java:1211)
	at
nu
.validator
.servlet
.VerifierServletTransaction.<clinit>(VerifierServletTransaction.java:
440)
	... 2 more