Re: "skip" links in validator HEAD

Hi Ville

On Apr 2, 2007, at 23:42 , Ville Skyttä wrote:
> I ran checklink on qa-dev's validator HEAD installation to test
> some local
> changes, and fixed a bunch of broken links there while at it.

Thanks! I noticed that earlier, that was a good idea.

>   But one thing
> remains:
>
> There are some broken fragments, namely what used to be the "Skip
> navigation
> to the main part of the page" thing using <a href="#skip"> is now
> pointing
> nowhere in some views.  The whole skip idea doesn't seem to be too
> useful at
> the moment as it's at the bottom of pages nowadays.  Should it be just
> removed, ditto all corresponding #skip id's that are still there?

Good catch. I don't think the <a href="#skip"> have much interest any
more indeed. One of the points of changing the location of the menu
was to limit the volume of stuff (not only in the markup, visually
too) before the actual content, so I guess it makes the #skip trick
moot.

Any objection to removing them?