Re: Validator modularization: any underlying code?

* Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
>As part of my work on the mobile web practices, I'm considering to start
>building some kind of validator based on the machine-testable
>requirements of the last call document [1].
>
>At first, I was thinking to build some ad-hoc system, based on python or
>XSLT, but if there is existing code to work on top of the validator
>modularization plans [2], I would probably consider writing the stuff in
>Perl... So, obviously the question is: is there any code backing up that
>plan?

What you can do with XSLT you can probably also do using one of the
Document Schema Definition Languages from http://www.dsdl.org/ i.e.
RELAX NG, Schematron, SVRL, DTLL, etc. I would recommend using those
as much as possible. Where you can't you'll have to implement custom
logic somehow; if interoperability with the Validator is a concern,
we'd need some interface for that. Which we don't have at the moment.
Perhaps you could describe what you were thinking of in more detail?