Re: New Branch Release (Was: validator/httpd/cgi-bin check,1.432.2.5,1.432.2.6)

* olivier Thereaux wrote:
>That's a fair point. Could you suggest what you would consider getting
>it out of the door without "rushing"? The arguments so far against
>putting the feature in 0.7.2 are all fair and interesting, but haven't
>really gone past the "I'm not sure it's a good idea" stage.

Well, what pain does the SOAP template solve? We don't have a SOAP API,
no WSDL, no documentation, no tests, we've basically just wrapped custom
XML in some SOAP elements with a arguably better naming scheme for some
elements and it seems you'll now get SOAP even for fatal errors rather
than falling back to XHTML output as the XML output would do. So I am
not sure why we should have this template at all. It just seems more
code in check someone will eventually have to figure out how to take out
while maintaining compatibility, etc.