Re: "ack" in CVS

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 11:39 +0900, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> On 13 Apr 2006, at 03:52, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> >> responseText I could understand, but setting status and
> >> getAllResponseHeaders() as undefined, especially for a HEAD request,
> >> sounds... wrong.
> >
> > Agreed.
>
> I eventually tested with a nightly build of safari, and the bug has
> been fixed. Still, we need the workaround, I suppose.
>
> > Hm, ok, but from the pedant POV, responses to HEAD requests must not
> > contain an entity body per the HTTP spec.
>
> Right, but if the cgi script is not HTTP-aware and returns a body,
> apache DTRT and strips the body when answering HEAD requests, doesn't
> it? Granted, doing the right thing directly in the cgi script is
> better...

Right.  If you don't find a better solution, feel free to commit your
original change.  Adding a comment stating why is that done would be
cool, and perhaps consider sending the entity-body only if
$ENV{HTTP_USER_AGENT} =~ /safari/i ?  (I have no idea what User-Agent it
actually sends, but to illustrate.)

> I tested the idea of not sending the Content-Length: and replacing
> with print "\n"; - didn't work.

:(