Re: CSS validator's soap output should give uri context for each message

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> Hi Yves, all.
>
> While coding in new functionalities into the perl lib that accesses the CSS
> validator's SOAP output, I noticed that the uri context is apparently only
> given at the start of the <m:warninglist> or <m:errorlist>. I suggest it
> should be given for each message (error, warning), even if it makes the
> output more verbose.

Well, there may be multiple <m:warninglist> and <m:errorlist>, each list
gives the uri context in it, for all the item parts of this list.

If URIs are put in each warning or error, the list grouping makes less
sense.
Both version (the current one and the  proposed one) have the same
expressiveness, so it's just a matter of style and how people intend to
use this output.

--
Yves Lafon - W3C