Re: Meet&Greet with HTML and CSS WGs

Le 08 mars 2005, à 01:57, olivier Thereaux a écrit :
> The transcript is imperfect but two important points are worth
> highlighting:
> - XHTML2 (with Xforms) will not work with DTDs (but we knew that
> already)
> - XHTML2 unlikely to be mature before end of summer at least

What is the notion of mature? Do you mean the publication of the Last
Call, or the fact that they will publish a Last Call and might go again
for a second Last Call?

> - HTML4 errata low-priority mode, goal is to *not* have any normative
> change

Interesting given the fact, that XHTML 1.0 is heavily dependent on HTML
4.01 AND that some other WG like CDF _needs_ to know how to implement
certain XHTML 1.0 elements like object.

For example, it's not explained in HTML 4.01 what is the behavior by
default to display a graphical object. We could expect the intrinsic
size but it's not _normatively_ specified. ;)

> That gives us hints of how much time we have before real xml-mode in
> the markup validator becomes a problematic priority if not
> implemented, and gives us a think line to walk on for suggested
> erratas to HTML4, i.e any change we submit should be based on
> "clarification" rather than "fix" if we want to have a better chance
> to get them accepted by the WG.
> No formal liaison process established with either group yet, but I
> have hopes to build and maintain a good communication channel, at
> least.

That's good news altogether. Thanks and good job, olivier.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***