[check] another 0.6.x release? (Was: [meeting] summary of discussions - 2005-02-22)

On Feb 23, 2005, at 18:29, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> * Localhost redirect fixes *
> Ville fixed (for check, in HEAD) the issue where a redirect would
> bypass security measures against validation of documents on private-IP
> servers (including localhost). Checklink has the same issue, will be
> fixed soon, with a release RSN. This raised the question of whether to
> backport the code to check 0.6.x or not.

This fix is good, but I do not see it as crucial. For this reason, and
because I have the impression that we are fairly close to being able to
release 0.7.0 RSN, I don't know if a backport to 0.6.x and subsequent
release is really worth it.

That said, nothing stops us from releasing 0.6.8 and starting a beta
for 0.7.0 in a few weeks, if the release of 0.6.8 does not steal too
much resource from our actual goal...