Re: Increasing SGML Decl. QUANTITY?

* Olivier Thereaux wrote:
>Based on my (certainly imperfect) understanding of the situation, it
>would seem to me that QUANTITY NONE would not cause any trouble to users
>of custom DTDs, while applying whatever semi-random limit may.

Note that this could be misunderstood as W3C encouraging writing custom
DTDs for text/html documents (i.e., proprietary extensions to HTML.) I
had some use for custom HTML DTDs many years ago to enable users to at
least get rid of syntax errors and continue using proprietary elements
and attributes with the help of the Validator, but I don't see any such
use now.