Re: Increasing SGML Decl. QUANTITY?

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005, Terje Bless wrote:
> Going through some old w-v mail I ran across another instance of custom DTDs
> getting treated poorly by v.w.o due to exceeding the QUANTITY values in the
> SGML Declaration we use for all non-XML documents.

Based on my (certainly imperfect) understanding of the situation, it
would seem to me that QUANTITY NONE would not cause any trouble to users
of custom DTDs, while applying whatever semi-random limit may.

Do you recall whether this has ever been discussed in w-v? There are a
lot of knowledgeable people on SGML on that list - that is if they
haven't been scared off it by the swarm of HELP! messages.

By the way:
http://alistapart.com/articles/customdtd/