Re: [checklink] list of potential solutions to timing issues

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005, Terje Bless wrote:
>On Mar 11, 2005, at 16:54, Ville Skytt?? wrote:
> >Right, assuming we can get those UserAgents to crawl in parallel.
>
> Has anyone tried to hack threaded Perl code lately?

I am not familiar with them beyond the occasional glance at perlthrtut,
but it seems that most distributed versions of perl are compiled with
Dusethreads... I guess the question we'll have to ask ourselves is
whether we want to require >5.8.0, or test for threads and provide two
different mechanisms.

If anyone is familiar with perl threads, ny pointer / insight welcome.