Re: rewrite/pass-auth hack on qa-dev not working

* Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/default has a <VirtualHost *:80> section
>which probably causes this. I am told this is known, but not whether it
>is intentional... Adding the rule to the VirtualHost section or removing
>the VirtualHost section should make this work.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/name-based.html#using has

[...]
  Main host goes away

  If you are adding virtual hosts to an existing web server, you must
  also create a <VirtualHost> block for the existing host. The
  ServerName and DocumentRoot included in this virtual host should be
  the same as the global ServerName and DocumentRoot. List this virtual
  host first in the configuration file so that it will act as the
  default host.
[...]

Well... sub-optimal documentation and generally a bit odd but it seems
intentional.