Re: [wmvs] Prerequisites, Minimum Versions, Platforms?

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004, Terje Bless wrote:
> We've discussed moving to a minimum required Perl version of 5.8.n (n >= 3),
> but it occurs to me that we'd be able to derive a little cruft-reduction by
> requiring Apache2 and mod_include on the web server side[0].
> This would of course mean we're firmly comitted to Apache as the web server,
> as opposed to “anything that provides CGI”, but I wonder if this isn't the
> case anyway. Has anyone actually tried running this under non-Apache servers?

I don't remember hearing so. Even then, requiring apache is not
equivalent to requiring apache2. As far as I can tell, the validator's
being used by MacOSX, for which even the latest version comes with 1.3.

And that seems to contradict the statement below:

> I'm personally interested in making sure Mac OS X works well, and with
> the «free publicity» the apple.com Internet Developer article gave
> us it makes sense to capitalize on that.

(with which I agree, BTW).