Re: [wmvs] Open Issues for 0.7.0

>* Terje Bless wrote:
>>Both of these are "in", but they're not finished (read "Polished" if
>>you like) yet, and they'll both require quite a bit of testing to shake
>>out all remaining issues. They are also both fairly big and intrusive
>>changes, meaning any given minor problem in either is likely to create
>>what our users perceive as a fairly big bug in the application/service
>>as a whole.
>
>Do you have any roadmap or schedule for finishing these?

lurking around in there yet, so there's no way to speculate on how long it
will be until we find them all and fix them.

If you mean how long it will be until I've done the restructuring and other
provided I don't run out of time to work on it again.

Both the config code and the templating stuff is in general fragile and there
are some specific known bugs. The known bugs will get nuked as soon as I have
an opportunity, but the general fragility will only get addressed by plenty of
testing (probably through a public beta or two, as well).

>It might be good if we discuss how to manage Bugzilla entries
>and how to determine blockers for "the next release" in one of our next
>meetings. I would expect blockers and target milestones to be used to
>aid developers to focus on the most relevant things, but current use
>does not seem to help at all in this regard, it rather confuses me.

Fair enough.

Current useage makes the blockers on the release meta-bug somewhat redundant
with the use of a Target Milestone. The key point of the meta-bug is that it's
all collected in one place (without creating a custom query for the Milstone
field) and that it can be commented on.

If this proves confusing — i.e. that I can't cajole any of you to make use of
it — we can look at other ways to do it (possibly, I'll just use a custom
query to achieve the effect).

If you want to write up a guideline for / description of how to use the
Bugzilla so that we're all on the same page, that would be a good starting
point for discussion. I'm pretty much just winging it, so it's no great
surprise if it doesn't make much sense for others' used to a different
approach.

>>And hopefully I don't have to mention that writing code is the best way
>>to help make this release happen sooner!
>
>I don't think there is anything I can do about polishing the Template
>and Config stuff since I do not know where to start.

Is there anything I can do to help you get started?

Would e.g. better comments in the source help? Documentation in /docs/
detailing some of the algorithms used?

>All other issues still seem out of scope for 0.7.0.

Noted.

- --
"I don't mind being thought of as a badguy,
 but it /really/ annoys me to be thought of
  as an *incompetent* badguy!" -- John Moreno