Re: Checklink on :8001

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 05:02, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

>   http://validator.w3.org:8001/checklink gives 500 Internal Server
> Error.

Fixed.  That instance was actually an older one (3.9.1) than the current
production one, I updated it to CVS HEAD.  The setup is not too clean at
the moment, and it is possible that it'll break again when validator is
updated from CVS in case "cvs up" removes checklink.pl.  After the next
:8001 restart, checklink will be using
/home/ville/LinkChecker/etc/checklink.conf.

>  Now that the right hand navbar is gone, the homepage no longer
> links to checklink. I would suggest we replace the "Download" link with
> a link to checklink.

Why not.  Download info is available through Docs, depends how prominent
we want that to be if we want to replace or add the checklink link.

By the way, we need to do something about the download/install/devel
documentation.  Currently there are:
http://validator.w3.org:8001/docs/install.html
http://validator.w3.org:8001/docs/devel.html
http://validator.w3.org:8001/source/

All those contain more or less the same information, but at least
devel.html has outdated prerequisites.  I'll look into it.